Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General > A newbie to the forum - with issues......................
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
campaj1

United Kingdom 
Re: A newbie to the forum - with issues.....................

The Milkman wrote:
Hi Everyone,

Didn't really want this to be my first post but hey ho..................

Had plenty of Land Rovers in the past so well aware of their attributes and foibles, 4 Discovery's, 3 Defenders and 4 Range Rovers the last being a 4.2 SC. I have now after three frustrating weeks just taken delivery of a 2009 5.0SC (I do love the S/C!) but alas it's with problems and just curious as to members advice and course of action.

Purchased from a Land Rover main dealer, collected Saturday the 28th..................... 2009 5.0 S/C Galway Green, Sand Interior, 24 thousand miles. Price paid £35,495 - condition good.

LATEST EDIT and text emailed to garage....

There is some good news - no let's say great news. Sunday I went out and washed the Range Rover and then meticulously went around it with a torch. I can be a nightmare customer, as I seem to find faults with everything, but guess what I am really, really happy. The Range Rover aside from a minuscule amount of age related marks is 'like new'. Drive train wise and electronic wise everything seems perfect. We do have some issues to resolve - some small, some large - but I would be surprised to see the list below 'grow' much more.........

1/ Windscreen - 3 or 4 small chips, all in same area spanning a about an inch or less near the bottom in-between the nearside and offside. REPLACE

2/ Windscreen Rattle/Vibration. (same noise as we heard on my initial test drive), emanating possible from the screen/scuttle area accompanied by a 'drone' - hopefully not the cause of above. INVESTIGATE

3/ Rear tailgate finishing strips either side of glass - Aluminium I think; and both corroded. REPLACE AND INVESTIGATE ANY FURTHER DAMAGE

4/ Timed heater fob; battery totally dead. REPLACE BATTERY.

5/ Mats. REPLACE INCORRECT MAT/s

6 /6 Months RFL. (Paid for 12 months - garage are aware) REFUND

7/ 'Service Required' message on screen. INVESTIGATE (Serviced in July, 80 miles ago)

8/ Item 4, might not be relevant as the 'told' Park Heater does not (for the life of me) appear to be fitted at all! OOPS!

9/ All alloys have some corrosion. INVESTIGATE

10/ Some scratches, some to be expected with a second hand vehicle - but three in particular were not there when I viewed the car (small enough that 'smart' repairs would suffice)

Andy

Sorry to be nosy but was this the Conwy car? Had a poke around at the Nantwich Show: looked smart but got the feeling it had been sat for a while. Another person admiring the car closed the door and the wing mirror fell off! It looked like a good buy overall though!

Post #215631 10th Oct 2013 10:45am
campaj1

United Kingdom 

The Milkman wrote:

A quick piccy.....................

yes that is the conwy car...

Post #215632 10th Oct 2013 10:45am
The Milkman

United Kingdom 2009 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Galway Green

Oh no - must check wing mirror now lol Very Happy

Yes, the previous owner was 80+ and only did 600 miles in the previous year - that said the condition seemed good and the mileage low........

Still chuckling on mirror Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Which side fell off?

Andy

Post #215634 10th Oct 2013 11:13am
campaj1

United Kingdom 

Oh no, sorry to distress you just as you've sorted it! It was the passenger side mirror glass, just fell clean out! On a lighter note it was funny to see it totally outclassing the L405 and New Sport on the same stand! Lovely spec, was a rainy day too so didn't want to get out! Even got a photo! Hope ur enjoying it.

Post #215635 10th Oct 2013 11:19am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12