Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Maintenance & Mods (L322) > Warranty issue
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
gunner

2011 Range Rover Autobiography TDV8 Stornoway Grey
Warranty issue

I've just purchased a Dec 2010 RR fully loaded Autobiograpy TDV8 4.4 with 32000 miles on the clock from a main dealer. The car is fantastic however there is a big issue. When buying the car it was confirmed by the dealer that the service hostory was all good, but in reality the car had never been serviced until the dealer that I bought it from i.e. 32000 with no oli change.

How big an issue is no oil change until 32000 miles going to be / what are the potential problems I could expect in the future? Currently am thinking that either the car goes back, or I get them to recognise the car is not worth as much now that it has a compromised service history. What is the potential hot on the value and has anyone else been through this issue?

Any advice is gratefully received

Post #140680 11th Sep 2012 11:16pm
m3mjw

United Kingdom 2015 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

You didn't buy this from Stratstone Newport did you? They did a similar thing to me. They sold me mine as approved used with missing history and didn't tell me!! I had a similar situation to you. Sufficed to say when I discovered I let them know my displeasure. As it happens it actually had been serviced. Problem is no central database of info. They just had to ring around dealers in area it had been in and eventually found it. That may be same for you it may have been serviced you just need to find out where. Oh and by the way I got 2 services and mots out of them for the misleading and hassle. it is a horrible feeling. I felt like I had been taken for a right mug which I just wasn't having. As soon as you start talking returns they will start to listen

Good luck

Marc L405 4.4 SDV8 Santorini/Black VSE
L332 4.4 tdv8 stornoway/Ivory VSE gone
L332 3.6 tdv8 black/sand vogue gone
Mk 7 vw golf r black/black(swmbo)
Mini Cooper s grey gone (swmbo)
BMW e60 m5 black/black gone
BMW e46 m3 silver/black gone
BMW e39 525i m sport blue/sand gone
Vw mk 4 golf gti blue/black gone

Post #140695 12th Sep 2012 7:50am
Andy3681

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Cairns Blue

Had the same issue on Stratsone Stoke with a Freelander, landrover approved but no/lost service history. They wanted to give me a coffe and a free service I wanted a good refund. The sales manager turned into an arse so I demanded and got a full refund despite having the vehicle for over a month.
It also cost them the sale of Two brand new Freelanders and a Range Rover to other family members. At the end of the day its the discription of the vehicle under the sales of goods act I would speak to your local trading standards. If it was sold as FSH then you have a good case to reject the vehicle.
However you need to decide what you want before you pursue it. Reject the vehicle for a refund and find another good one there are loads out there, Substantial refund, Agree a service mot package like Marc did. I was promised a lot but when I asked for details it became just a service, get any offer from the dealer in writing.

hope this help, good luck Mine was a blue one! Smile

Post #140707 12th Sep 2012 8:54am
Allan

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Santorini Black

Servicing is designed to maintain and prolong the life of the vehicle.

The main problem will be the oil. It has had old oil which will have degraded due to heat and time and picked up all kinds of contaminants and abrasives. This will have accelerated wear on any moving parts and especially both the turbos as they need a pristine oil supply. You may get premature wear / failure on anything that has oil on it.

The TDV8 hasn't been around long enough to know what the weak points are so it is bit of an unknown.

If you are only keeping it a couple of years you should be ok but if it is a long term vehicle you may well get very expensive problems out of warranty.

Post #140731 12th Sep 2012 11:40am
gunner

2011 Range Rover Autobiography TDV8 Stornoway Grey

The car has definitely missed the service. A new engine costs £14000 fitted so if it came to something terminal it will be very costly. The garage are offering me my money back but considering I've sold my old car and the offer is only open till the end of the week it looks like I've got to take a hire car at my cost. Seems very unfair to me.

Mike

Post #141400 16th Sep 2012 6:16pm
Andy3681

Take the money plenty more cars out there with good FSH and a few quid to hire a car for a couple of weeks better than having a lemon and if you find the right car you are ready with the money so should be able to get a good deal. Mine was a blue one! Smile

Post #141407 16th Sep 2012 7:23pm
RRUK
Site Supporter

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

Find another. Simple. Discovery 4 HSE
1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF
1982 Series 3 Hard Top

*Gone:L462 D5 HSE LUX, L663 Defender 110 HSE, Discovery 3 HSE, 2014MY Range Rover Sport 5.0 Supercharged AB Dynamic; L405 Exec Vogue SE 4.4, 5.0 Supercharged Autobiography, Defender TDCi XS CSW, Defender TD5 HT, Vogue SE TDV8, Vogue TD6, RRSport SC 4.2V8, Classic 3.9 Vogue Auto, Land Rover Series 3 SWB

Post #141408 16th Sep 2012 7:34pm
DMRR

South Africa 2009 Range Rover Westminster TDV8 Stornoway Grey

<baffled> so they took it in with the service indicator ON, showing 16,000ish mile OVER the service period, and hid the fact without stamping the book????

Amazing.

Find out if it was an ex-lease car (i.e business).

I know that sometimes the dealers forget to stamp the pre-sale service (i.e. when you buy it used), but the service indicator will come on at some point to alert you. Land Rover Addict
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Previous
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
2009 5.0V8SC Autobiography
2006 4.2V8SC Autobiography
2004 4.4V8 Vogue

Post #141449 16th Sep 2012 11:03pm
burls

Land Rover Approved have a 30 day exchange program. If its within that, just hand it back and get them to source you an alternative. 2011 Vogue SE

Post #141466 17th Sep 2012 8:54am
Andy3681

And let us know the Regnumber just incase a member is tempted because they will have to dispose of it somehow. Mine was a blue one! Smile

Post #141474 17th Sep 2012 9:25am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1