Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Maintenance & Mods (L322) > Views on servicing a TDV8 - lancashire/North West
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
perroverde

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover SE TDV8 Java Black
Views on servicing a TDV8 - lancashire/North West

I have just acquired a 2006 TDV8 which is 1 owner and has covered circa 58k miles. It has a full service history with the same LR dealer (Glasgow). It was last serviced a year ago at about 48k miles. I guess it is now due a service both in terms of time and mileage + the readout says due in a few hundred miles.

I'd really appreciate views on whether I should take it to a LR dealer to maintain the service record, or given that it's now a few years old might just as well be looked after by a good independent garage? It has a comprehensive non-LR warranty which says it's ok so long as parts are genuine LR.
If I go the independent route, can anyone recommend anyone in Lancs/North West/Manc area please (if we are allowed to do that on here that is?!)
Thank you

Post #140247 9th Sep 2012 11:46am
kingpleb

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Bonatti Grey

If it was me is ring a local independent or two and then see if the dealers could match there quote or get with say £20 of it.

Some may do if they aren't busy just to get the work in and the stamps can help when selling on.

If they can't then a good Indy would be my port of call.

There are a few up pressing way and a quick google will show them up or a check on the disco and defender forums as they should do nicely Smile FFRR MY06 facelift With TDV8 Alloys Zeros/ATR's
Mantec Sump Guard, Rigid Load liner, MY10 BT upgrade.

Post #140259 9th Sep 2012 1:03pm
nbunney

United Kingdom 

Go here:

http://www.independentlandroverservices.co.uk/ Thumbs Up

As for K motors, I wouldn't trust them with a Dinky toy

Post #140261 9th Sep 2012 1:36pm
Allan

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Santorini Black

If you do go the LR dealer route I would firmly recommend the service department at Copley Land Rover, Halifax.

They have looked after me for the last 12 years from a V8 Defender 50th Anniversary to a FFRR and pretty much everything in-between. First class service every time.

Post #140265 9th Sep 2012 2:23pm
perroverde

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover SE TDV8 Java Black

Thanks guys, all good advice much appreciated.

I've always alternated between Guy Salmon and Williams in Manc (they've supplied/looked after my Landys and previous FFRRs in the past, the last of which was a 35th anniv a couple of years ago) but I never kept anything long enough to need servicing before so this is a first for me - they seem to want silly money for not a lot of work in this instance (upwards of £700).

Allan I also had a 50th Anniv Defender - wish I'd kept it now! Same goes for the Tomb Raider I replaced it with, but not so much the Black LE which replaced that and the 2011 Xtech which replaced that. The TDV8 replaces the Xtech.

Post #140277 9th Sep 2012 4:02pm
Allan

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Santorini Black

I was the long term owner of GB010 which GB number did you have?

Fabulous motor the 50th I have a real soft spot for them. I bought my old 50th back last year but sadly I ended up selling it again. I rebuilt all the suspension with new bushes and the new owner has had a body off repaint. She is in grand fettle now... If HMRC ever gives me a break I will have another one as a toy but for now the RR is my working vehicle. Odd how we both ended up in the big RR.

I didn't get on with the 90 TD5, 110 TD5, and the Discovery 3! Had a RRS for the past three years which was faultless. The big RR is an utterly superb thing though. Thumbs Up

Post #140286 9th Sep 2012 4:43pm
Pfazz

2019 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

Guy Salmon at Stockport are doing a special offer which seems to be pretty good.
2 services, 2 summer checks, 2 winter checks, 2 valets and 2 MOT Tests all for £795.00. Agueroooooooooo. 93-20
I swear you will never see anything like this ever again....watch it..drink it in.

Post #140300 9th Sep 2012 5:51pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1