Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L322) > 2006 MY S/C Rear Brake Woes
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Print this entire topic · 
nbunney

United Kingdom 

Do you want some off us to come down, On Mass tomorrow?

Post #10586 6th Jan 2010 6:02pm
The doc

2008 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Java Black

I always use Guy Salmon apart from once when due in no part to myself I had to use Conwy LR - there Censored too.

If you need a lift down I'd be glad to help.

90% of the problems with these cars is the dealers / part supplies rather than the vehilces Embarassed '09 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto for the Mrs

Using the works Fiesta 1.6 TDCI Sport Van - CHROME FREE THOUGH

Searching for a nice E63 AMG or S8 V10 to replace my "wonky" TDV8

Post #10627 6th Jan 2010 10:06pm
Stephen.125

2017 Range Rover SVAutobiography 5.0 SC V8 Indus Silver

Thanks a lot for the support guys; hands down best forum Thumbs Up

I'm 50/50 split between legal action and mobs+petrol bombs at the moment.

Apparently a friend of my dad's knows the service mangler at Hatfields well so I'll see if he is reasonable or not and go from there. I'm not optimistic at the moment.

I'll keep you posted... Oh and @TW Censored fields, if you have a representative on this forum, get your F Censored ing fingers out and start acting more like Lookers Park Royal and you might get more custom!

Oh and @ The Doc; I saw your gallery- that is a really nice looking TDV8!

Thumbs Up

Post #10632 6th Jan 2010 10:39pm
The doc

Thanks mate.

Once it's fixed you will be happy again Thumbs Up '09 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto for the Mrs

Post #10649 7th Jan 2010 10:18am
Stephen.125

I've spoken to Land Rover CRC today and then the dealership again. It seems the guy from the dealership is trying his best. Land Rover CRC seem reasonably inflexible though your example hints that this may just be to 'weed out' those who give up more easily.

From the Dealer perspective they said that if I pay the £270 for the discs and pads to be fitted they will give me a letter giving me my next service completely free - I guess this is because although the service lists at £470 in reality it will probably cost the dealer less than £50.

They applied a small discount on the labout as one side was already stripped down (though I did point out that with a ramp and impact wrench even a blind monkey should strip it in 10-15mins!)

They will also apply the software upgrade to try and get me phone book over bluetooth- again more or less free to the dealer but potentially one hour labour to me.

The car will be ready by 5 tomorrow but I have to fly to Dublin for work so I said I will take until Saturday to think about it..

The temptation is to accept and then try to secure further credit from Land Rover company as it was THEM who did not have the caliper available to supply the dealership.

What do you guys think? and thanks again to you all for the help and advice!

Steve

Post #10970 12th Jan 2010 12:30am
The doc

Tis hard mate.

I'd run with it and get your motor back.

Others may say different but a lot here dont practice what they preach . '09 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto for the Mrs

Post #10982 12th Jan 2010 6:20pm
Stephen.125

Thanks again Doc,

To be honest; it's only a few hundred quid and I miss the old girl already! RRUK has offered excellent help and advice and I spoke again to LR CRC and they said that the dealer offered to cover the repair. When I spoke to the dealer and said I understood how it made more fiscal sense to them and why they offered the service for the reasons in the previous post (avoiding the quote button!) I also said that I was going to maul LRUK as a company although I will happily say here that Steve at Hatfields Liverpool did a good job and Jacob at LR CRC also did a decent job there are definitely discrepancies between all the stories!- which I attribute to LR extended warranty. So when i write to the usual motoring press I will still uphold the 'best 4X4 by far' moniker but will criticise the laissez faire attitude to customer care and the fact that I was without my beloved S/C for the slipperiest period the country has faced in 30 years! Essentially it boiled down to a mix up between the P/N for new and exchange parts which was highlighted due to the advice on this forum... New users hear my cry: DONATE to Martin; and CONTRIBUTE WHERE YOU CAN- for all things Full Fat these guys will truly look after you! I only hope to be half as useful as my experience builds!!

On the remuneration subject; I was already going to get it serviced at a dealer and so would be in for at least £350-£400 and the Bluetooth upgrade (I gave the the LTB00095 so I HOPE it works!) I will be reasonably happy.

It also galvanises my position that the extended warranty- unless there are MAJOR changes is not worth the paper it is written on LRUK, heed this warning!!! Just wait until you get the survey result and keep an eye in the motoring press!

OK; assuming I pick up the monster on Saturday and the Bluetooth Phonebook works as expected This issue/saga/debacle is closed- Thanks deeply to all the main contributors on this very site, and also to Lookers Park Royal; a site sponsor... if any of you are close by I recommend their service and urge you to try them!!

I've donated a small amount to this very board and will repeat this regularly... I know I'm only new here but I am sure that the proper contributors will echo this sentiment.. if we all donate to help the running costs, Martin, depsite his new arrival (congratulations but the way!!) with the ceaseless help of his moderators (not that we need much moderation) will continue to ensure we all have this vital resource/meeting point.

Sorry for the overlong post/soap box but seriously all, thanks a lot- aside even from the advice the banter here is top draw!

Phew: I'm spent! Yawn Yawn

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Post #11003 13th Jan 2010 12:46am
The doc

You seem like a real salt of the earth type person and I like all that I've read Very Happy

Let us know how you get on this weekend then get some pics up Thumbs Up '09 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto for the Mrs

Post #11005 13th Jan 2010 1:35pm
RRUK
Site Supporter

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

Glad to Help and pelased its getting resolved mate Thumbs Up

Adam Discovery 4 HSE
1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF
1982 Series 3 Hard Top

*Gone:L462 D5 HSE LUX, L663 Defender 110 HSE, Discovery 3 HSE, 2014MY Range Rover Sport 5.0 Supercharged AB Dynamic; L405 Exec Vogue SE 4.4, 5.0 Supercharged Autobiography, Defender TDCi XS CSW, Defender TD5 HT, Vogue SE TDV8, Vogue TD6, RRSport SC 4.2V8, Classic 3.9 Vogue Auto, Land Rover Series 3 SWB

Post #11011 13th Jan 2010 4:20pm
Stephen.125

Thanks guys, Will be sure to post piccies (while it's clean!) I added one to my gallery from a couple of months ago. Saturday can not get here fast enough!

Doc: High praise indeed- Thanks very much Thumbs Up

It's refreshing here; the excellent attitudes and welcome that I've experienced in a world where courtesy and common sense are increasingly hard to find.

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Post #11018 13th Jan 2010 6:53pm
RRUK
Site Supporter

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

You get a different type of owner with a Range Rover. What can we say Thumbs Up Discovery 4 HSE
1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF
1982 Series 3 Hard Top

*Gone:L462 D5 HSE LUX, L663 Defender 110 HSE, Discovery 3 HSE, 2014MY Range Rover Sport 5.0 Supercharged AB Dynamic; L405 Exec Vogue SE 4.4, 5.0 Supercharged Autobiography, Defender TDCi XS CSW, Defender TD5 HT, Vogue SE TDV8, Vogue TD6, RRSport SC 4.2V8, Classic 3.9 Vogue Auto, Land Rover Series 3 SWB

Post #11020 13th Jan 2010 7:12pm
The doc

Agreed chaps Thumbs Up

How have you got on Sir? Rolling Eyes '09 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto for the Mrs

Post #11144 16th Jan 2010 3:59pm
Stephen.125

Hi Guys,

Got it back this afternoon, Bluetooth phone book still not working despite providing the LTB#..

I was on the cusp of telling them to cover the brake cost and hand them the 'free service' letter back and tell them I don't want them near the car but I thought I would give them a chance to make it right. I DID tell them that the contents of the 'satisfaction survey' along with a blow by blow description will be winging it's way to the motoring press!

Hatfields are going to collect the car next weeek from my parent's house while I'm in Dublin and perform the software upgrade again...

Just really glad to have it back!

Been trying to upload a couple of pics but get : Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 62914560 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 8192 bytes) in /home/fullfatrr/domains/fullfatrr.com/public_html/gallery/include/picmgmt.inc.php on line 234...

It's cursed! Rolling Eyes

[/img]

Post #11150 16th Jan 2010 7:53pm
The doc

They sound too big mate?

Glad you have your car back Very Happy

What phone are you trying to use? '09 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto for the Mrs

Post #11151 16th Jan 2010 8:53pm
Stephen.125

Hi Doc,

They are only 1.5MB but I'll see about saving them smaller- thanks for the advice. It could be the 'munter filter' as I was in one of them!!

I'm trying to use the iPhone 3GS or the Blackberry Bold 9000; It always seemed to work ok but as part of the 'good will' gesture they were going to enable the phone book over bluetooth feature. probably a small thing I know!

Thanks again for the support and advice, I just ordered the Hawke sill protectors in grey (with the Hawke logo, as I didn't want anyone to say, 'yes but a Supercharged isn't technically a Vogue!')

Have you any progress with the 'toy' purchase?

Steve

Post #11155 16th Jan 2010 9:14pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>