Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L322) > 4.2 SC misfire
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
vnitos

South Africa 2016 Range Rover SVAutobiography 5.0 SC V8 Baltic Blue
4.2 SC misfire

Did about 5000kms and misfire is now worst than it was before. It is also on more cylinders, that is #2, #4 and #6 and is there until about 2000rpm. car is going in next week to selling dealer and will stay with them until its resolved. work done thus far: new spark plugs, swopped ignition coils and fuel injectors, replaced tappet cover gaskets, compression tests. Service manager consider replacing the engine management computer, which will cost about R25k (GBP1.5K), which they are reluctant to do as it will be for their account Sun Jan 18 2015 10:02am   

Post #306021 18th Jan 2015 11:13am
ebajema

New Zealand 2010 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Galway Green

Have they updated the ECU with the latest software yet ??

Also have they checked the wiring harness and connectors ??

Fuel pressure been checked ??

False air in the inlet tract ?? MY 2010 5.0 SC Galway green and sand interior!!
Have the Faultmate MSV2 Extreme to be tinkering with the settings etc. !!

Post #306042 18th Jan 2015 12:47pm
vnitos

Dont think they have done any of these tests as yet. Will tell/ask them to look into it. Above 2200rpm the car is a beast, especially after the supercharger pulley and remap was done.

however the misfire started long before the pulley and remap was done. Previous owner confirmed that eml came on whilst he had the car but the workshop could not determine the reason for the eml being on, they only reset it everytime the eml was on

Post #306052 18th Jan 2015 1:27pm
ebajema

New Zealand 2010 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Galway Green

The fact that it is a low rev issue, could point to a small leak upsetting the mixture but as soon as the air/petrol flow really starts going the little air leak doesn't make a difference anymore.

If they hook it up to the computer and do a few runs, they may see that there are mixture issues at low revs.

Also, a good clean of the MAF sensor (just next to the airfilter box on the intlet hose) could help.

On mine (when we replaced the fuel pump due to 2 years sitting still with fuel in it in hot Nigeria concking up the insides I think) we found that once the entire inlet tract was cleaned up and the fuel was flowing freely again, the car was a million times better to drive. So the dealer may want to invest in some manhours to take the entire inlet tract apart, clean and check for cracks as well while they are at it. MY 2010 5.0 SC Galway green and sand interior!!
Have the Faultmate MSV2 Extreme to be tinkering with the settings etc. !!

Post #306231 19th Jan 2015 3:57am
vnitos

Car had slight misfire on start up and reduced engine performance message came up. As the car is a 2007 model, I replaced the auxiliary coolant pump, message is gone and car felt better.

However this morning the misfire seems worst than it was before although the "reduced engine performance" message is gone. The error codes are:
- p0302
- p0304
- p0306
-p0300

The above relates to multiple misfire, misfire on cylinders 2, 4 and 6 as well as at startup.

Also had (in the last year) the following done to resolve the issue:

- spark plugs - replaced a week ago
- ignition coils -moved around to check if misfire would go where "faulty" coil was moved; no joy as misfire was still at the same cylinder
- injectors - same as per ignition coils
- did compression test - according to both LR dealer and indie compression on all cylinders are ok

Had cats removed and engine remapped, although the misfire stems from before the afore-mentioned.

Help is appreciated as I'm at my wits end with this car

Post #342772 16th Aug 2015 4:58pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1