Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General > Eurotunnel and ffrr's?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
TheAllSeeingPie

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Supercharged Supercharged Java Black

To be honest I'd forgotten about the lights bit! Looks like we're ferry bound but thanks for all the advice, I'll be tunnel bound on another trip later in the year.

I'm not sure we can get away without beer on board as it's a mates stag do and we can't have him sober! 
07 Supercharged - Still breaking her in!

Boot soundproofing part 1 - http://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/topic15612.html
Custom exhaust - http://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/topic15296.html
18" wheels for Brembo equipped cars - http://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/topic15052.html

Post #121970 15th May 2012 9:08pm
VaguelyVogue

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Buckingham Blue

I have squeezed into the double decker carriages once (although it was a tight fit for the FF), but agree that the single deck carriages for over height vehicles is better!

There is an underground 24hr fuel station at Cite Europe right next door to the Calais Eurotunnel terminal (there are signs to this once you get into the car park between Cite Europe and the Autoroute) which takes VISA & Mastercard on automatic pumps and is far cheaper than any of the more obvious garages. For the FF Sat Nav go to the roundabout at coordinates N50 56 09 E01 48 26, enter the car park and immediately follow the ramp down to the lower levels; then swerve left at the first opportunity and then left again - the fuel pumps are ahead of you in about 100yards - turn right just as you leave the underground car park. Diesel last summer was 85p/ litre which was up to 99p/ litre at Easter - which makes a difference filling up 95 litres compared to our uk tax laden rip off prices !

Post #122088 16th May 2012 12:12pm
Andy3681

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Cairns Blue

Sorry to change the subject slightly but it sounds like some of you chaps are regular Channel hoppers and might be able to offer advice.
Going Dover Dunkirk in the summer dragging the tin tent, travelling on a Sunday and not been that route before. Question is where is the easiest place to refuel or am I better crossing full and refueling further down got to go towards Paris then Drop down to Orleans as travelling to just above Limoges but total trip is 400 miles so will need to fill up.

As an aside I have also been advised to travel north of Paris then turn south but my instinct is to go south I dont mind paying the tolls as I have a lot of miles to cover.

Ta

Andy Mine was a blue one! Smile

Post #122097 16th May 2012 12:56pm
Lloyd Barnes

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Java Black

We go down to the Lemans classic every couple of years with the Cobra crew. If you want to get there quicker, look at the ferries that run further west perhaps? Can't remember where they sail from (Portsmouth?) but lot shorter drive on other side.

Last time we went I was between cobras so we took a friends Citroen Traction Avant. 50mph max!! Then you realize how far Lemans is. Neutral a trip there in the FF would be sublime! Cool Lloyd Barnes

Current
Crendon 427 Sideoiler Cobra in build... 7 litres of madness!

Gone
2008 TDV8 Vogue - Black with Ivory/Grand Black Lacquer
2008 VW Touareg 3.0Tdi
6.3litre Dax Cobra - 12.34 Second 1/4mile at 114mph Smile

Post #122630 19th May 2012 8:23am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12