Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General > Do you get nervious?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Rob2529

United Kingdom 2004 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Oslo Blue
Do you get nervious?

I'm currently sitting a garage while my car goes gets a 4wheel alignment. Not anything major, so worst comes to the worst I drive it home the same way and need to go a bit of work, but sitting here I feel like I'm on death row, or awaiting news from a doctor! Am I the only one? The feelings get even worse when it's an MOT! Big Cry [img]http://www.fuelly.com/driver/rob2529/range-rover[img/]
04, 4.4V8, Vogue Oslo Blue with LPG.
"You can sleep in your car, BUT you can't race your house!!!!"

If something can't be fixed with a hammer....... You have yourself an electrical fault!

Post #108760 23rd Feb 2012 10:25am
Bellini

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Zermatt Silver

You're not alone.

I devote a lot of time and mental energy getting my cars to be perfect all of the time.

I don't like being out of control, which I gather is why you're feeling the way you do? Your car is in the hands of someone else. Will they treat it properly and with respect? Can they fix or improve it without it affecting other aspects of the car?

My FFRR has just been collected by Lookers, Park Royal. I don't like strangers driving my cars, but this is a small (I hope!) warranty job on the cam cover gaskets and Lookers are an hour's drive away, hence the collection. I'm nervous as hell already and won't relax until I get the keys back. Si. <This is my name.

I eat rat poison.

A man ain't truly been insulted until he stands buck naked in front of a woman and she didn't even notice. Or care.

Post #108764 23rd Feb 2012 11:00am
Andy3681

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Cairns Blue

As they are without the most unreliable piece of c Censored p why do we keep buying them and putting ourselves through it. Thought mine was fine other than a bit of turbo whistle decided to treat it to a full post winter wash and brush when ping suspension inactive! investigated, (Found off road display on touchscreen helpful for this) front nearside sensor seems to be fault Big Cry Big Cry so out with the jack not the polish this weekend and It will probably break trying to test it! Mine was a blue one! Smile

Post #108772 23rd Feb 2012 12:04pm
Andy3681

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Cairns Blue

But in answer to your question you must always be nervious about any landrover cause when you relax and think yes I like this car it looks and feels good love driving it Ping, bong,wobble,crash etc
Trust me I have had enough to know. Thumbs Up Mine was a blue one! Smile

Post #108773 23rd Feb 2012 12:07pm
Googsy

Ireland 2008 Range Rover HSE TDV8 Java Black

Thats the reason I love Landrovers you almost want the news to be bad and when it isnt it leads to joy beyond belief. I even have sleepness nights worrying about my Turbos !!! Present :2008 TDV8 HSE
Gone Audi A5 2.7TDI
Gone Discovery 3 HSE
Gone Mercedes CLK
Gone Range Rover 2.5 DSE

Post #108797 23rd Feb 2012 2:13pm
bergxu

United States 2005 Range Rover HSE 4.4 V8 Zambezi Silver

Amen!

That might just be the answer as to why I put up with two LRs in my household. Furthermore, why I even put my dear wifey in one even though I have to switch my phone out of silent mode when I leave the house every morning in case she calls on her way to work with a breakdown Whistle

I travel a ton for my job. The US is a vast place with lots of nothing in-between cities. I do tend to start running through "what could break?" scenarios in my head before I set off on a long journey and try to be as proactive as possible with maintenance and wear item replacement.

Then again, sometimes I take the easy way out and drive 15 minutes to the airport and hop on a Delta bird. Whistle

Nevertheless, I still love my FFRR! Cheers,

Aaron

Post #108805 23rd Feb 2012 2:54pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1